Today’s organizations demand solutions that protect and manage mobile devices while providing enterprise grade performance and cost-effective security for today’s mobile workforce. A variety of applications including Skype, Twitter and LinkedIn, and Email Accounts, are increasingly being utilized on company issued phones, tablets, and laptops to access sensitive corporate information. Wedge Networks helps manage the complex issues surrounding mobility to prevent data leakage, increase productivity and stop security threats.
“By 2015, about half the devices connected to corporate networks will be mobile”. – October 2010 Forrester Research Report
The explosive growth of mobile usage has created numerous management and control challenges for business needing to protect the information retrieved or stored on these devices:
- Weak self-defense ability: Ineffective endpoint options and the heavy use of third-party web-based services are rapidly increasing security challenges for all mobile devices
- Roaming outside protection perimeters: Enterprises struggle to provide adequate mobile protection as employees use 3G, public WiFi and ISP provided services to access data on their mobile devices,
- Infectious consumer grade applications: Increasing adoption or consumerization of applications such as Twitter, Facebook, Skype on mobile devices along with accessing enterprise data increase the risk of data loss and malicious attacks
Wedge Networks provides solutions that prevents threats from infiltrating corporate networks before it reaches all endpoints including mobile devices, while controlling access to web content and monitoring compliance. This consistent enforcement of IT security policies and optimization of web resources provides all employees’ safe mobile usage across distributed enterprises while reducing the IT departments’ time spent on management and control issues.
With its innovative real-time Deep Content scanning ability, Wedge Networks' line of AntiMalware Gateway appliances ensures the delivery of clean content and applications to conserve bandwidth, optimize traffic, improve performance and decrease cost. Utilizing virtual private networks (VPN) or proxy technology, Wedge Networks offers the following benefits for mobile users;
- Improved self defense: The WedgeOS platform eliminates malicious attacks before they reach mobile devices. This viable high volume solution has no impact on mobile functionality and supplies a user experience that is as flexible and high performing for the remote worker as for those directly on the corporate network.
- Extended Enterprise: Employees roaming outside of the protection perimeters can have their traffic routed to a Wedge appliance to ensure the safe usage of mobile data and applications: Anywhere, Anytime.
- Protocol Protection: With full content scanning and inspection across all protocols, WedgeOS provides complete protection against third-party services or applications including both web-based services such as Gmail and consumerized applications such as Facebook and Youtube.
A major healthcare provider uses mobile devices to provide anywhere, anytime patient care including ambulatory, outpatient or in-home care. They needed to ensure the security of sensitive data as it is in motion, as well as protect their network as a whole, from malicious content. After implementing a Wedge Networks’ appliance, the health provider immediately saw the following benefits:
- The delivery of clean content to all endpoints including all mobile devices, network traffic was free of malware, spam and unacceptable URLs’
- Complete, real time protection to all remote users across the corporate enterprise whether they are working from home, at the office or on-the-go
- Protection of sensitive corporate information including received or sent from all mobile devices ensuring the safety of confidential information that would be highly damaging to the providers reputation if stolen